I hope you all had a good break, we at the Tuggeranong Community Council are now gearing up for the new year with many things planned:
* Community, Health and Education Committee looking at
o Establishing the inaugural Tuggeranong Community Council Community Service award to recognise a person or group who lives or works in Tuggeranong and has contributed significantly to Tuggeranong and/or the ACT Community.
o Working with other organisations to set up a Street Market/Fair later in the year
* Environment Committee
o Looking to help organise the next Lake Clean-up as part of Clean-up Australia on Sunday 4 March
o Looking at what is happening with waste in the ACT
* Planning Sub committee
o Continuing work on looking at the possibility of establishing an Environment Sporting Precinct at West Greenway
o Monitoring what is happing about re routing the buses along Anketell Street
o Keeping a watching brief on the Anketell Street and Laneway developments
* Youth Engagement Sub Committee
o Looking at holding another Youth Forum, on the 8th March
Other meetings/activities I have been involved with include:
* Presentations of the Tuggeranong Community Council School Community Awards at Trinity Christian School, Lanyon High School, Chisholm School, Calwell High School, Wanniassa School, Erindale College and Lake Tuggeranong College. Wayne King did the presentation at Namadgi School.
* Environment and Planning Meeting
* Healthy Waterways meeting
* Climate Change Round table
* Planning meeting re West Greenway
* Meeting with the Burn Club about parking
* Hosted the Combined Community Council meeting here last Saturday morning
We will also hold a stall next week on next Tuesday 13th February at Erindale College to talk to students about the TCC
The next meeting of the TCC will be held on the 6th March at the Tuggeranong Town Centre Club where we hope to hear the latest on proposed bus routes Tuggeranong. We are also looking at hearing about Waste in the ACT with its implications for Climate Change and/or what clubs do for us in particular the Vikings Club.
Acceptance of the repor