In addition to the committee members who were voted in last meeting we have now seconded Andrew Eppelstum to be our new Secretary. Andrew and Taryn, the new coordinator of the Community Health and Education subcommittee, are now looking after the TCC Facebook presence and for the first time we used Facebook to promote the Brindabella Candidates Forum. The forum, was held on Wednesday 14th September at the Tuggeranong Arts Centre. Sixteen candidates attended the Forum from all parties including Labour, Liberals, Greens, Like Canberra, Sex and Animal Justice as well as an Independent. Genevieve Jacobs did a brilliant job, keeping people on track and to time. I think the audience got a lot out of it and it was a very worthwhile event. We learnt a lot about the candidates and I hope they learnt a lot about us and the needs of Tuggeranong community.
I would like to acknowledge the team effort that was put into organising this event. I would especially like to thank:
- Frank for his help in coordinating the event and the ‘worms’
- Max for organising finances and Max and Beverley – for organising sign on sheets and flowers for Genevieve
- Andrew and Taryn for running up and down the stairs with the ‘worms’ and microphone and putting and promoting the event on Facebook
- Wayne – for his ongoing support.
Other events that members of the TCC executive have been involved with include:
- Update on the projects planned to improve water quality in the Lake Tuggeranong Catchment– I attended an overview and Beverley attended the presentation held at Tuggeranong Library on Thurdsay 16th September
- Beverley, Taryn and I attended a meeting to find out the latest about what is happening at the Hyperdome and asked them to present to Council at our February meeting next year
The new committee are looking at how we can improve our support to te Tuggeranong community and we would like to start an Infrastructure sub committee, covering Roads and Transport. If any of you are interested in joining such a committee. Please see the secretary at the break and sign up on one of the Committee sheets.
The next meeting of the TCC will be held on the 4st November at the Tuggeranong Town Centre Club where we will hear the latest about road upgrades in Tuggeranong and then McKillop students will tell us what they want for Tuggeranong.