Mininster for Transport Mr Chris Steel MLA has advise a revised timetable for Tuggeranong bus services will be implmented from 28 April 2020. The revised timetable has been developed by Transport Canberra based on analysis of patronage data and feedback from the community including that provided by the Tuggeranong Community Council.
Key changes for Tuggeranong include:
- travel time savings of up to 15 minutes from Tuggeranong to the City for passengers using Rapid 5, which will run direct to the City from Woden via Adelaide Avenue and Commonwealth Avenue;
- local bus services to run directly to Woden Town Centre and the Canberra Hospital from suburbs such as Oxley, Monash, Chisholm and Gowrie;
- all buses will be removed from Anketell St;
- every Rapid 4 service heading south from the City will continue to the Tuggeranong Town Centre;
- peak bus routes 180 and 181 from the Lanyon Valley will get to the City via the Cotter Road and Adelaide Avenue, with additional stops on Commonwealth Avenue near Albert Hall;
- improved coverage of Wanniassa along Kirkton St and Guanson Crescent;
- faster journeys from Calwell to Tuggeranong on route 76; and
- more Park and Ride spaces at Wanniassa, with construction expected to commence later in 2020.
Updated timetables and journey planner will be available from Transport Canberra from mid-March. The new network map is available now here
A representative of Transport Canberra will speak at the Tuggeranong Community Council meeting on 7 April 2020 and provide more information of these important changes to public transport.