The design work is now underway for further improvements to the public facilities at the Kambah Village. The government is encouraging all to provide feedback on a few key aspects on by logging onto www.yoursay.act.gov.au.
The full list of improvements that will be delivered as part of the Stage 2 upgrade include:
- new public toilet facilities
- new and upgraded playground equipment including additional shade
- additional car parking to the south east of the centre
- a new public community gathering space with new furnishings, trees and lawn
- upgraded lights in the public realm
- better pedestrian connections to the east via the bridge over the drainage swale
- additional screening of the rubbish collection area between the Kambah Inn and courtyard
- upgrade of pavements in the service area between the Kambah Inn and courtyard
- improved safety treatments to the existing eastern car park.