Communities@Work CEO, Lynne Harwood, will be sleeping out and is seeking your support. Her goal is to raise $3,000 of much needed funds for homelessness services. To support Lynne please visits: http://sleepout.gofundraise.com.au/page/Lynne-Harwood
Money raised will be used to support a range of integrated homelessness services that will help address many of the issues that the homeless face. These services include:
- Prevention and early intervention approaches
- Providing food and essential services to individuals and families in Canberra experiencing hardship
- Tailored case management support and outreach to strengthen and build self-reliance for families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Addressing the needs of different client groups including: families, women, young people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Connecting clients with a range of support services that foster resilience and independence.
- Training and employment support
Communities@Work delivers services to over 1,000 people across Canberra who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Additionally, through services like our Yellow Van Food Rescue Program, we deliver to over 90 other charities across Canberra, including domestic violence refuges, disability support services, homeless shelters, youth drop-in centres, mental health support groups, people with drug, alcohol or gambling problems, refugee programs and school breakfast programs.