This will be the last meeting for this committee that I will report on before the AGM, which will be held later in the night. It has been another eventful month for Tuggeranong. Hopefully by now, you will have filled in out Tuggeranong Livability Survey, designed to find our what people want for Tuggeranong. It is available on our website at www.tuggcc.com
So far we have over 216 responses but we want more, so if you have not filled in the survey please do so. I would formally like to thank Lorraine and Wayne King who spend the time working out how to set up this survey on Survey Monkey
Other events that members of the TCC executive have been involved with include:
- I gave a talk about the Tuggeranong Community Council to the Tuggeranong Rotary Club on the 16 August
- On 11th August I attended the second meeting of the Icon Water Consultative Forum and heard about the process for future water pricing in the ACT
- Beverley Flint and I attended two different meetings of the West Greenway Stakeholders Forum and heard about environmental concerns re the development of the site
- I attended a community meeting at Rose Cottage about a proposal to build a “Plastics to Liquid Fuel facility” at Hume – a lot of public concern so there was some heated questions
- I looked at plans for a partial upgrade of Kambah Village and Beverley and I looked at plans to improve Anketell Street – both concerned that there seems to be no understanding or provision to ensure plans do not impact negatively on lake
- This afternoon, Beverley and I just attended the official Sod Turning event for the Marigal Gardens Retirement Village at the old Urambi School site.
We are currently organising a forum for all candidates standing for Brindabella. It will be held 7.30pm to 9.30pm next week on Wednesday 14th September at the Arts Centre. Genevieve Jacobs, the ABC morning presenter, will be the Master of Ceremonies. Please come, listen and ask any relevant questions.
The next meeting of the TCC will be held on the 4th October at the Tuggeranong Town Centre Club. Information about what presentation will occur will be up on the website when our invitees have confirmed their attendance.