Well our School Community Awards are well underway with Trinity Christian School last week and Caroline Chisholm School earlier this evening. Presentation will happen at Namadgi School and Lanyon and Calwell High schools later this week and Wanniassa School and Erindale and lake Tuggeranong Colleges next week. Mary MacKillop want to have their presentation on Canberra day next year. All school have been very supportive and keen to connect with the community.
Other events that members of the TCC executive have been involved with include:
- Attended the CURF (Canberra and Urban and Regional Futures) Annual Forum, listened to various speakers talking particularly about Climate Change and received copies of “Place-based sustainable Urban renewal: a case study of the Tuggeranong District” – one of the authors will be speaking to us about is next year – hopefully our February meeting
- Beverly and I attended the GlobalArt Awards at the Tuggeranong Arts Centre
- Drew and I spoke to Hugh from the Vikings Club about their current thinking re their future development of the Vikings Club – they will be speaking to us about it at our February meeting
- Attended a Renewable Energy bus tour – visited places like the
- Mount Majura Solar Farm,
- CIT Renewable Energy Skills Centre of Excellence and its Renewables Battery Test Centre
- Also rode in an electric car at the ACTewAGL Network centre her in Tuggeranong and finally
- visited the Googong Dam Mini-Hydro
- The TCC will be hosting the next meeting of the Combined Community Council here on Saturday 10th December
Our survey is running on the TCC running an ‘Annual Award’ for an individual or a community group who resides or works in Tuggeranong and have contributed significantly to the Tuggeranong region and/or the ACT Community. If you haven’t filled it in please do we would like to make an announcement about this at our next meeting in February.
The next meeting of the TCC will be held on the 7th February at the Tuggeranong Town Centre Club where we will hear an update on the Viking Plans for future development and also hear about the recently published “Place-based sustainable Urban renewal: a case study of the Tuggeranong District”