Last night (16 June 2016) at the Albert Hall the Combined Community Councils organised a Forum for Candidates for the up and coming Federal Election. Candidates who attended were:
- Gai Brodtmann – Labor member for Canberra
- Robert Gunning – Liberal candidate for Fenner
- Christina Hobbs – Greens candidate for the Senate
- David Smith – Labor Candidate for the Senate
- Martin Tye – Sustainable Australia candidate for the Senate
Each candidate was given three minutes to talk about themselves and their party policies and then the floor was thrown open to questions.
Questions included: location of Federal departments in relation to impact on town centres, heritage listing of Canberra, sustainable development particularly in regard to infill, renewable energy. It was a very informative meeting and I think the audience learnt a lot about the various party perspectives on a variety of topics of interest to Canberrans.