I wish to give a big farewell to a great asset to the Tuggeranong Valley as regretfully, Darryl Johnston, a former president, has decided to resign from the Council. In his email to me he said “I have served on the Council for many years I have worked with many people, made many friends and worked on many projects for the benefit of our community. You, are supported by a good team of dedicated, effective, committed and community minded people. I now feel it is now time for me to move on to new fields. I wish you, your Executive and all the TCC members the best of success in 2016. “ Darryl has contributed significantly to the Council over a number of years, not only as a general member but as President from 2009 to 2012, where he worked hard to update and modernise the Council operations, including
- as president – he organised the current committee structure,
- was Secretary for a number of years
- ran and updated our website and Facebook page
- worked hard to improve air quality in the Tuggeranong Valley with a campaign to ban/improve wood fires
- worked with the airport about noise pollution
- organised special pre election nights for candidates to talk to the Council and interested members of the Tuggeranong Community
He will be sorely missed and I wish to record Council’s extreme gratitude to him for all his good work.
The TCC in will also be supporting the Tuggeranong Lake Carers and the Southern ACT Catchment Group in organising a Lake Cleanup on Cleanup Up Australia Day on Sunday the 6 March, starting at the Sea Scout Hall and going from 10am to 1pm. Please come and help us. Simultaneously the Lanyon Scouts with the support of the Vikings Fishing Club and Bunnings are organising a fishing competition. So It will be a busy time on the lake.
The next meeting of the Tuggeranong Council will be held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 1st March, where we hear about the new CIT in Tuggeranong, find out about the Climate Adaptation Change Strategy, hear about a proposed extension to Bunnings and hear about what is happening with public housing in East Greenway.
Please come and be involved